Wednesday, July 24, 2013

039 - "Improved" Feather and Fan Knit Dishcloth

039 - Improved Feather and Fan Dishcloth

Inspiration


When I knit the first cloth, I followed the directions, then decided I wanted to "improve" them to work better for me.

Details


Two knitted dishclothsThis version of the Feather and Fan Dishcloth pattern makes a smaller cloth–this one measures 14 inches square–with edges on the bottom and top, similar to the one on the sides and eliminates the odd stripe in the center, which only seemed to be there as an artifact of how the pattern was written.

Detail from Feather and Fan Dishcloth

Pattern



Materials Required

Worsted Weight Cotton - 1 ball of Lily Sugar 'n Cream
Knitting Needles - US size 8 (5.00 mm)

Knitting the Dishcloth

Cast on 45 stitches loosely (I used a larger needle).

Create Edge

Row 1: Knit.
Row 2: Knit.

Begin Feather and Fan Pattern 

Row 1: K2. *YO. K4. (K2Tog) twice. K4. YO. K1. Repeat from * twice more. K1
Row 2: K2. Purl to last 2 stitches. K2.
Row 3: Knit.
Rows 4-6: Repeat Rows 1-3.

Repeat Feather and Fan Pattern, rows 1-6,  eight more times, then rows 1-3 once more.
Repeat two Edge rows, then bind off loosely knitwise.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pattern. I will put it on my list of dishcloths to try. I like your improvements.

    ReplyDelete