Saturday, July 20, 2013

036 - Feathered Star Variation

035 - Feathered Star Variation

Inspiration


Making these feathered star blocks has turned out to be a little like eating potato chips for me.  They're addictive and I am becoming anxious to see how a bunch of them will look together and if these scrappy blocks will play nicely together.  I can't stop :-)


Details

This is another of the 12 inch square, foundation paper pieced, feathered star blocks from the book, A Flock of Feathered Stars.  This quilt block, which is block number 10 in the book, is named Feathered Star Variation by the author.

Now that I've made 5 stars, I couldn't resist putting them in an on-point orientation on the design wall. I still don't know how many I will ultimately make, nor what the layout/design for whatever I make from them will be.  Right now I am just enjoying/perfecting the process.

Five Feathered Stars on Point

No comments:

Post a Comment