Wednesday, July 10, 2013

026 - House with Feather Stitch Tree

026-HouseBlock

Inspiration


Feather stitch detailI want to try all fiber-related "feathers" as part of this project.

Feather stitch is an embroidery stitch that is often used in crazy quilting to decorate seams. It is also used for plant life, as I have used it in this embroidered square.

Details


I drew the design for this embroidered block, inspired by examples I found online.  I included the flag in hopes that, despite it's more folk-art style, it might work, along with Yankee Doodle and the feathers in a future quilt project.

The fabric square will be trimmed to 12 inches (finished size).  The design itself is approximately 8 by 10 inches.

Four Blocks on the Design Wall

1 comment:

  1. These look good together and I'm curious to see what else you create to go with them. This project seems to be releasing some great creativity!

    ReplyDelete