Thursday, July 18, 2013

034 - Coasters

034 - Coasters

Inspiration


Inspired by FabricWhen I came across some small scraps of this black and white print of birds and birdhouses, I thought it would be perfect for the quilt with birds and birdhouses and lots of black and white prints.

But because it was a very small scrap, I decided to try to use it in the corners of the flying geese border of the crib quilt ... but after making the square in-a-square blocks didn't like them for the quilt.

The four blocks became coasters.

Details


034 - Coasters for my Cuppa in the studioThe coasters measure 4 1/2-inches square and are made from quilting cottons.

The pieced square-in-a-square is paper foundation pieced. They are layered and quilted simply, along the seam lines, AKA stitch-in-the-ditch, with yesterday's quilted feather design in the turquoise triangles. They are bound, like tiny quilts, in a traditional way with solid black cotton.

They will live in a drawer in the studio, ready for the morning latté or iced water or tea that is I often have sitting next to the sewing machine or keyboard.

2 comments:

  1. In my studio the tea becomes Iced Tea, as it sits there. Then I put in ice, and pretend I meant to do that. lol
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the feather quilting! Love the Roswell newspaper!

    ReplyDelete