Monday, July 22, 2013

037 - Feather and Fan Knit Dishcloth

037 - Feather and Fan Knit Dishcloth

Inspiration


The pattern  for this project was one that was returned for my feather search on Ravelry.  I've always looked at knit dishcloths made by others and thought it was a good idea.  The Daily Feather gave me a reason to finally knit one of my own.

Details


Detail from Feather and Fan Knit DishclothI fell asleep last night while I was knitting yesterday's daily feather and so it is still not quite finished. I'll update this post with another photo when I finish.

The cotton dishcloth will measure approximately 15 inches square. It is knit from Lily's Sugar `n Cream from a free pattern on their site. (Visitors will need to create an account to access it).

The pattern is a traditional knit pattern called Feather and Fan.

I like the nubby texture and how the pattern is reversible.  But I don't like the narrow panel down the center and think I'd find something a little smaller more useful–no size or gauge was provided with the pattern–and so I will likely knit an improved for me version in the future.  I will probably an edging at the bottom and top, similar to that on the sides, too.

037 - Completed Dishcloth

Update



Here's the completed project, ready to be put to work in the kitchen.

2 comments: