Monday, July 15, 2013

031 - Feathered Star #4

031 - Feathered Star #1

Inspiration


This is another of the blocks from the book, A Flock of Feathered Stars.  It is the first block in the book, named "Feathered Star  #4" and is coincidentally, the fourth of the paper pieced Feathered Star blocks I've made for this project.

I confess that I definitely like some of the blocks more than others.  I've challenged myself to make at least one block from all sixteen 12 inch block patterns in the book over the course of this 365 day project.

Details

This 12 inch quilt block is the least complex in the book.  It would be a great place for a beginner quilter/paper piecer who wanted to make feathered stars to start–the triangle "feathers" are larger and fewer than most feathered star blocks.

I have now completed four of the feathered star patterns in the book.  Put them all together and they look like this.

4 paper pieced Feathered Stars

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a very striking block. All your feathered star blocks are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love #4, especially. It seems so crisp in those colors.

    ReplyDelete