Saturday, July 13, 2013

029 - Finley Feathered Star Quilt Block

029 - Finley Feathered Star

Inspiration


The daily feather has given me a different approach to making blocks for a quilt. Before, I might never had decided to make a set of (at least) 17 complicated blocks like these for a quilt. But when I thought of those 17 feathered star blocks as 17 out of 365 projects over the course of a year, it didn't seem like such a big effort.

Details


Detail from Finley Feathered Star This paper foundation pieced quilt block is Block #15 in Carolyn Cullinan McCormick's books,  A Flock of Feathered Stars.  It measures 12-inches square. It is the third feathered star block made from the book.

If I use my blocks in a quilt like McCormick's Stars of the Night, there will be 16 twelve-inch feathered star blocks, one 24-inch block, set on point, in the center and a pieced border.

Look close and you can see that I ran out of background fabric and made do, with another pale blue print.

1 comment:

  1. I'd have guessed you changed prints for shading purposes...lol
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete