Tuesday, June 25, 2013

011 - Watercolor with My Non-Dominant Hand

011 Watercolor Feather

Inspiration


Combining the authors suggestions for yesterday (water) and today (use your non-dominant hand).

Details

The model and the watercolorI love water color, own a set of water colors, but have never learned how.

Using my non-dominant hand gave me a permission to try, knowing the result wasn't going to be great ... and it wasn't.  But it was an effort and is today's feather.

Life and some other commitments have resulted in a stressful me.  My feather efforts may continue to be small until I'm "over the hump."

2 comments:

  1. You are allowed to paint on the background, too. (What I'm meaning here is that the white fuzzy parts can be portrayed, if you like, by painting a darker background.) You could also get the white fuzzy from a crayon or other kind of resist and then painting the dark background. (I took 2 higher level painting classes in watercolor for my BFA - still unfinished.)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your feather. It looks realistic. Every bird feather I've ever examined was NOT perfect but had gaps in the feathers. I like this color, too.

    ReplyDelete