Saturday, June 15, 2013

001 - Pink Feather Pincushion

001 Pink Feather Pincusion

Small enough to hold in your hand

Inspiration 

For Day 1, Noah Scalin suggests:
The first step is the hardest, so start small and make something that fits in the palm of your hand using only materials in your immediate environment.
I won't always be following the ideas in the book ... I confess that I already had such a growing list of ideas of my own bouncing around in my head that I finally wrote them down.  But I liked the idea of, at least, starting in sync with many others who have taken this adventure before me and so made my pincushion small enough to fit in the palm of my hand.
In Action

Details 

The pincushion is about the size of a business card. It measures 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches. It's made from quilting cottons and filled with poly fiberfill. It has a plaid piped edge.

The feather is raw edge appliqué, or as someone I used to know calls is, fused and tattooed.

Happy coincidence!  I had completely forgotten that there is a feather charm at the end of the scissors fob until I was taking this photo of the pincushion in action this morning.

4 comments:

  1. Great first step. What a symbolic first project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so slow at things - that'd take me twice as long. Love your feathers!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what you did on those corners, but I like it! Great pincushion. What a way to start. =)

    ReplyDelete