Wednesday, June 26, 2013

012 - The Eagle Feathers (Knit) Scarf

012 - Eagle Feathers (knit) Scarf
(Can you see the feather lace pattern?)

Inspiration


I knew I wanted to try knitting a "feather" lace pattern.  Until I was blocking the finished knit today, I didn't realize how the variations in color worked against the lace pattern and worked to camouflage the pattern.  Camouflage is today's suggestion in the book. 

Details


I found The Eagle Feathers Scarf on Ravelry–link takes you to the directions. It is approximately 8 inches wide and 8 feet long, knit from Caron Simply Soft, an inexpensive acrylic yarn that I probably wouldn't use again ...  Here's the entire scarf, being blocked on the floor.  I'll add better photos when it's dry. 


Eagle Feather Scarf - Blocking

Update


Here are photos taken after the scarf was blocked.

Detail from Eagle Feathers Scarf    012 - Eagle Feathers Scarf

012 - Eagle Feathers Scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment