Sunday, June 23, 2013

009 - Thread-Painted Feather

Thread-Painted Feather

Inspiration


The author's suggestion for yesterday (day 8) is to transform an old book. It inspired me, instead, to transform an old shirt with an embroidered logo for an old employer.

Details


Stitching the feather to the shirtThis is my first effort at thread painting.

I used a sharpie to draw the feather outline onto a stabilizer which will dissolve in water.  I stitched the feather with cotton thread in two shades of gray and black.

Then I trimmed away the stabilizer and sewed the feather to the shirt, adding more stitching to ensure I had completely covered the logo.

Shirt with Feather

3 comments:

  1. This turned out very nice - good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love your shirt transformation...what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to remake the shirt! Love your thread stitching.

    ReplyDelete