Friday, June 14, 2013

Tomorrow It Begins

When Glen posted about Noah Scalin's book,  365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life! and her intention to begin a 365 project with a few friends, I thought it would be interesting to follow along ...

Before I knew it, a theme idea popped into my head and persisted in my imagination and I was already making my own list of things I could make with a feather theme.

As a quilt maker, the term "feather" is meaningful in a few ways and you can expect to see quilt blocks and quilting designs.

Feathers are also a familiar design for knitters.

Unfortunately, quilted and knitted projects generally take more than a day, so you can expect to see series of quilt blocks or quilting designs which are part or will be part of a larger project ... and knitted samples, AKA gauge swatches, which are precursors to much more time-consuming projects.   If all goes well, I'll circle back and show you what each of those efforts become.

Along the way, I hope to play with other media, too and just have fun playing with feathers as a design idea, as tools, and as the medium.   I also plan to connect with and follow other 365 creatives. 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea. Best of luck with your 365 days challenge. I can see how much fun it would be to keep playing with variations on a theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely think of a lot of card ideas, from rubber stamping to cutouts and pop-ups. And lots more things, but those would not be yours, so I'm not saying anything, but if you ever are stumped for an idea, I'll share. =)

    ReplyDelete