Tuesday, August 6, 2013

051 - Large Appliqué Feather

051 -Large Appliqué Feather

Inspiration

After cleaning out my scrap bins of the red, orange, yellow, lime, green, blue, purple, red violet, and cream/tan scraps which found their way into flying geese blocks, I couldn't stop ... and wanted to do something with the black and white scraps.

Details

I enlarged the same feather silhouette which I used for the tiny pink feather pincushion to 8 by 15.5 inches and pieced some black and white fabric scraps to a slightly larger size and used the made fabric for my feather.

I used needle-turn appliqué and reverse appliquéd thee background to the made fabric. The teal batik fabric was cut away as I stitched, revealing the back and white crumb-pieced fabric underneath.  I have blogged more of the details of my process on Sophie Junction.


More Crumb-piecing Appliqué Feather in Progress Appliqué Feather in Progress

Here it is completed, beside the pincushion I made on day 1, using the same feather silhouette.

Feather design in two sizes

1 comment: