Saturday, August 3, 2013

050 - More Blue Flying Geese

050 - More Flying Geese from Blue Scraps

Inspiration

When I arranged (and re-arranged) the set of Flying Geese blocks made so far, I needed more blue.

Details

Remember the extra small squares I was making to use up the too-small-to-be-useful scraps? I used four of the blue ones to make the larger square that became the second set of blue geese.

Here are all my crumb-pieced flying geese together, sewn into 4 strip sets, ready for whatever's next. I've designated this as my project for a lovely finish in August in hopes that I'll finish my first quilt, started as a series of Daily Feathers.

All the Scrappy Geese Sewn into Strips

It's definitely an example of how a small effort each day can result in something much larger and, seemingly, more complex. 

1 comment:

  1. I love these flying geese! I never thought of this use for my bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete