Wednesday, September 11, 2013

061 - Feather-Inspired Leaf Shape

061 - Feather-inspired Appliqué Leaf

Inspiration 


In the world around me, I keep seeing feather shapes everywhere. So why not design a leaf, inspired by the shape of a feather?

Details

The feather-inspired leaf was hand-appliquéd by hand using the needle-turn technique.  This and more leaves like these will be used on this quilt project.


Stalled ...


My original plan was to add rounder, more traditionally shaped leaves to the blue vine with the red star-flowers, but it didn't feel right.  (I blogged about it here.) I put it on the shelf until inspiration presented a new idea.  Still not sure it will work,  but this project gave me a reason to pursue it  ... even if I ultimately decide against it and take them all off again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment